Welcome to the Alden House informational webpage.
We are a three-tower, 79-unit building built in 1926, nestled in a residential neighborhood with mature trees and excellent public schools. Apartments range in size from large studio to three bedrooms. Some of our favorite features of the Alden House are listed below.
- Lovely sound shore community. Larchmont’s charming shops, grocery stores, and restaurants are a pleasant walk through neighborhood streets or on Boston Post Road.
- Easy walk to train station. Only 35-40 minutes to Manhattan’s Grand Central Station via the Metro North’s New Haven line.
- Walking distance to lower, middle and high schools.
- Live-in superintendent and full-time porter.
- 24-hour laundry room with convenient money card payment system.
- Non-smoking building and grounds.
- Quiet living.
- Pre-war architectural features throughout, including large windows and high ceilings. Most units retain the original oak flooring.
- Three towers, each with its own elevator and connected by a common basement, allow for a greater feeling of privacy than apartment buildings with long hallways.
- Carefully maintained landscaping.
- Quick walk to Flint Park. Twenty minute walk to Manor Park and Manor Beach.
- Enjoy beach rights, recreational programs and libraries through both Larchmont Village and the Town of Mamaroneck.
Contact our Super to schedule move-in and move-out dates and to have regular maintenance issues attended to in your unit.
Typical issues handled by our Managing Agent’s office include processing paperwork for any renovations, sales applications, and billing questions.
The board meets regularly to oversee coop business. Issues that cannot be handled by the Super or Managing Agent can be directed to the President for board consideration.